Friday, August 24, 2012

A FRENCH-MAN IN ENGLAND


            A French-man was once traveling in England. He could speak English very well, but his vocabulary was not large. Once, for example, he was dining in a country hotel and wanted to order some eggs. But he did not remember the word "egg". Just then he saw a cock out of the window.
            "What do you call that bird?" he asked the waiter.
            "I can it a cock," answered the waiter.
            "What do you call the cock's wife?" he asked.
            "I call it a hen." The waiter answered.
            "What do you call the hen's children?" he asked.
            "I call them chickens," the waiter told him.
            "What do you call the chickens before they are born?" the French-man asked the waiter again.
            "I can them eggs," said the waiter.
            "Fine!" said the French-man. "Please bring me two boiled eggs."

No comments:

.