Friday, August 24, 2012

MOLLY'S DREAM


            Molly was a young woman who worked for a farmer on his farm. One day the farmer gave her a pail of milk. He told her to sell it and keep the money for herself.
            Molly was very much pleased. She put the pail of milk on her hand and went to market.
            As she walked along, she said to herself, "I shall get some money for the milk. With the money I will buy a few hens. The hens will lay eggs and from the eggs I shall get more hens. I will sell the hens, and with the money I will buy a new dress.
            "how beautiful I shall look in my new dress! The young men will ask me to walk with them, but I will not walk with them. They will ask me to dance with them, but I will not dance with them. They will want to marry me, but I will toss my head, and refuse them all."
            So she tossed her head. Down came the pail and milk and all.
            Her fine dream was all over.

No comments:

.